It's Game 7 and there's no turning back for the Lakers or Celtics. Check out this video to get a little taste of the rivalry as a pregame for tonight.
Some quick notes:
1) Kobe Bryant had 26 points last game. He had 0 when Tony Allen was in the game.
2) Ron Artest will never have a game like that again (If you consider 15 pts and 6 rebs overly impressive anyway).
3) I still can't figure out why they paid all this extra money for Ron Artest. I actually get excited when he shoots the ball, because I know there's a very good chance it's not going in.
Artest (09/10 playoffs) - 10.8 ppg 3.9 rpg 39.8 FG% 29.1 3P% 1.4 SPG
Ariza (08/09 playoffs) - 11.3 ppg 4.2 rpg 49.7 FG% 47.6 3P% 1.6 SPG
Artest (NBA Finals) - 9.0 ppg 4.5 rpg 36.0 3P%
Ariza (08/09 Finals) - 13.4 ppg 6.6 rpg 41 3P%
4) Phil Jackson has never lost a series in which his team led 1-0. (His record: 47-0!)
5) Before Game 6 the Celtics had never lost a game when up 3-2.
6) The Lakers are -27 in the 4th quarter when Kobe is on the court (through the first 5 games - he also shot 28.1% in the 4th through those 5 games).
7) The Celtics have won 9 of 11 NBA Finals matchups vs. the Lakers.
8) The Celtics are 4-0 in Game 7s against the Lakers.
Enjoy the game. Let's hope for one to remember.